SECOND PARTY ASSESSMENT SERVICE
BUREAU VERITAS VIETNAM
2ND PARTY ASSESSMENT SERVICES
In today’s highly competitive consumer market, retailers and buyers need a vendor base that will partner with them to meet all aspects of production, from design and quality to product life cycle times and delivery requirements. However, how does a retailer or buyer effectively select new partners? Monitor the progress of existing vendors? And effectively work with vendors to keep the focus on quality over time?
As companies expand their manufacturing and sourcing capabilities around the world, supply chain workplace conditions are increasingly scrutinized, particularly in developing countries. The conditions under which products are manufactured have become a dimension of quality and an important part of the business value proposition. The lack of a process for managing risks related to the transparency and sustainability of supply chain including compliance of social, occupational health & safety, environment business integrity; and can have a direct impact on a company’s financial results, especially for those organizations in consumer markets where image and brand names are critical assets.
Bureau Veritas has the capability and resources to support companies throughout the process of developing an effective social compliance program, performing independent audits of compliance-related processes and controls, and reporting on results.
- Compliance Advisory Services: Bureau Veritas has extensive experience in designing and implementing programs for organizations of varying sizes and operational perspectives that takes into consideration the critical elements of compliance. In addition, Bureau Veritas has a proven methodology that covers all elements of supply chain social compliance programs, and is designed to instill confidence that key issues and challenges for the design, development and implementation of the program have been met.
- Independent Auditing of Working Environments: With over 1,300 laboratories and offices across more than 140 countries, Bureau Veritas is strategically positioned to provide independent social compliance audit services utilizing local auditors who are familiar with complex issues related to social compliance, including local social conditions, cultures and languages of workers, standard industry practices, and the applicable laws and regulations.
- Broad Range of Assessments: Bureau Veritas evaluates supplier compliance with a variety of social compliance standards, including various corporate codes of conduct, a Bureau Veritas-developed code of conduct containing standard industry compliance elements, and a range of industry standards established by organizations such as Initiative Clause Sociale (ICS), Worldwide Responsible Accredited Production (WRAP), the British Retail Consortium (BRC), the Business Social Compliance Initiative (BSCI), and the Supplier Ethical Data Exchange (SEDEX). This gives you the option of including additional value-added assessments that can benefit both you and your suppliers.
Our factory assessments are designed to help retailers and vendors work together and improve performance by providing detailed results that clearly indicate areas of strengths and opportunities. In today’s market, as retailers and buyers are looking to select successful new vendors, reduce the number of vendors to more manageable levels, and promote relationships that improve overall performance, our assessment services provide an effective and unique method to help select and enhance relationships. We offer:
- A Best Practices Approach: Based on our experience in providing factory assessments for multiple US based retailers, we have developed a ‘best practices approach’ that can save you time and costs in creating and maintaining an effective factory assessment program.
- Experienced Auditors: Our auditors receive comprehensive training including interpretation, auditing techniques, report writing, audit planning, integrity and consistency.
- A Strong Integrity & Ethics Program: With a reputation for strict ethical guidelines and well-trained auditors, we maintain an active and dynamic training and integrity program that is managed by a dedicated integrity team, in order to minimize the risks of corruption and to educate auditors, factories and clients regarding our integrity policies and expectations.
- Added-Value Assessments: In many cases, we have cross-trained our audit staff to conduct factory assessments, social compliance and safety assessments. This gives you the option of including additional value-added assessments that can benefit both you and your suppliers.
Our factory assessment services can help:
WHY BUREAU VERITAS?
- Experience & Efficiency: We actively provide factory assessments for multiple US based retailers. Based on our experience, we offer you a “best practice” approach that saves you money and time.
- Global Resources: With locations around the world, we can assess the factories of your vendors where needed.
- Technical Knowledge & Leadership: Our auditors receive specialized training and use established protocols and operations to deliver a first rate service.
- Enhanced Reporting Capabilities: Our reporting system tracks results over time and between vendors, allowing you to monitor progress, identify vendors of preference and drive quality throughout the manufacturing process.