FIRE RISK ASSESSMENT
Improve building safety and maintain compliance with fire safety regulations
FIRE RISK ASSESSMENT & FIRE SAFETY SERVICES
It is important to reduce the risk of fire to keep people safe in the workplace, because it can save lives and is your legal duty. This can be ensured by completing a fire risk assessment.
A fire risk assessment is about understanding the potential risks and improving your fire safety precautions to keep employees and visitors safe.
FIRE ASSESSMENT LEGISLATION & FIRE SAFETY REGULATIONS
A fire risk assessment should be carried out on all types of buildings (excluding domestic residential property) to ensure compliance with country fire safety regulations.
The onus is on the responsible person or duty holder for the business – which could be the employer or self-employed person, the person responsible for all or part of a building that is solely for business purposes, or a contractor with a degree of control over the premises for life safety.
Whilst awareness of workplace health and safety is on the increase, too many organizations are still not aware of their legislative obligations – which is why many turn to a third-party partner such as Bureau Veritas to support them in achieving and maintaining compliance.
WHAT IS RELATED TO RISK ASSESSMENT?
Fire safety systems are designed to help protect people and property. It is essential to have a managed fire policy, supported by a thorough inspection and maintenance program, to reduce risks and prevent loss of life or property in the event of a fire.
A FIRE RISK ASSESSMENT INCLUDES:
- Fire detection and warning system
- Means of escape
- Supply of fire fighting equipment
- Plan for an emergency and training
- Fire risk factors and people at risk
- Maintenance and testing of fire safety equipment
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF A FIRE RISK ASSESSMENT?
- Improve safety in your buildings
- Achieve and maintain compliance with fire safety regulations
- Reduce the risk of litigation
WHY CHOOSE BUREAU VERITAS?
- A team of experienced and highly qualified fire safety experts in over 60 countries
- Trusted professionals, performing in excess of 20,000 fire risk assessments annually on over 6,000 properties
- Global expertise, local support
- Full access to testing, inspection, and certification services from Bureau Veritas experts