OTHER FOOD SAFETY AUDITS AND CUSTOMIZED AUDITS
Bureau Veritas provides a wide range of certification, auditing and assessment services, and digital solutions that enable you to achieve compliance, mitigate risk, improve sustainability performance and optimize efficiency along the entire supply chain.
- GFSI Global Market: This program has been launched in 2008 by Global Food Safety Initiative for small and less developed companies to help them to achieve certification to GFSI recognized food safety schemes and market access
- GRMS: The GRMS is a standard specifically developed for the processes of slaughtering, cutting, deboning and sales of red meat and meat products. In contrast to other more generic food industry quality schemes, the GRMS has been tailored to the specific requirements that apply to the meat industry. The Standard is available for implementation by all interested parties/meat producers within its scope
- UTZ: UTZ is a certification program for sustainable farming of coffee, tea, cocoa and hazelnuts. The program is part of the Rainforest Alliance, an international non-profit organization working to create a better future for people and nature
- FSA-SAI platform: FSA (Farm Sustainability Assessment) is a highly effective new tool providing companies in the food and drink value chain around the world - one single, simple tool to assess sustainable practices and helping to source more and more sustainably grown agricultural products
- Social audits (SMETA): Sedex Members Ethical Trade Audit (SMETA) is one of the most widely used ethical audit formats in the world. SMETA is an audit methodology, providing a compilation of best practice ethical audit techniques
- URSA (Understanding Responsible Sourcing Audit): is the audit assessment tool that enables independent auditor assessment of a supplier’s performance and compliance status against Unilever's Responsible Sourcing Policy
- MC DONALDS SWA audit: SWA Audits (Supplier Workplace Accountability) McDonald’s, care as much about the people who make their products as they do about those who buy and sell their products. They have put this commitment into action through our SWA program. This Program promotes a set of global workplace standards for those who touch our supply chain, ensuring they are treated fairly and provided with a safe and healthy work environment
- MC DONALDS SQMS audit: The McDonald's Supplier Quality Management System (SQMS) standard applies to companies who supply food products into the McDonald's fast food chain. The purpose of the standard is to provide McDonald's fast food supply chain with high quality and safe raw materials that meet McDonald's requirements as well as legal requirements
- COSTCO audit: If you’re a food manufacturer looking to supply to Costco then you will be subject to its food safety expectations and audit needs. It is required that Costco suppliers must pass an approved audit.
- Animal Welfare audit: In a context of widespread food bashing, and rapid growth of vegetarian or vegan practices, agri-food chains are adapting their specifications to offer consumers new guarantees regarding the welfare animals in their life cycle.
More and more organizations wish to be audited on the entire production chain (breeding, transport, slaughter). These audits are largely based on the 5 fundamental freedoms of animals issued by OIE (World Organization for animal welfare).