Working Together with Confidence
Independent audits of working environments are extremely valuable for businesses seeking to develop an effective social compliance program because they can cover complex issues such as local social conditions, worker cultures and languages, and standard industry practices, alongside any applicable laws and regulations.
OUR APPROACH TO SOCIAL AUDITS
Bureau Veritas is uniquely qualified to offer impartial social compliance audit services thanks to its network of more than 1,600 laboratories and offices in more than 140 countries.
We select local auditors who are proficient in all aspects of social compliance in their region, allowing us to conduct extensive social audits and inspections of compliance-related processes and controls, as well as report on outcomes.
A BROAD RANGE OF ASSESSMENTS
Bureau Veritas assesses supplier compliance with a wide range of social standards, including corporate codes of conduct and industry standards established by organizations such as Worldwide Responsible Accredited Production (WRAP), Business Social Compliance Initiative (BSCI), and Supplier Ethical Data Exchange (SEDEX).
This allows the option of including additional value-added assessments that can benefit both our clients and their suppliers.
Our social audit services include:
• SMETA – an audit procedure which is a compilation of good practice in ethical audit technique
• In-depth compliance monitoring of manufacturing issues, labour standards and local customs
• Developing and implementing solutions for high-profile multinational companies
• Web-based solutions for real-time access to audit status, audit results, and supply chain trends
• Comprehensive code of conduct programmes
• A proven ability to deliver seamless global services with rapid response capabilities
• Provision of collaborative visits for multiple clients to share costs and remediation efforts
If you would like a quote for an Ethical Audit or to book an Ethical Audit, please complete our form
Bureau Veritas has significant expertise in building and executing compliance programs for organizations of all sizes and operating perspectives. Furthermore, our tried-and-true methodology covers all aspects of supply chain social compliance and aims to foster trust in the design, development, and implementation stages.