The Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (C-TPAT) emerged from the ashes of 9/11 in the US. The aims focused on combating terrorism, protecting the global supply chain while moving commerce across borders even more efficiently and safely. There are various aspects under security requirements covering personnel, physical facilities, access controls, procedures, information technology, training & threat awareness, container, etc.
The U.S. Customs and Border Protection issued a new 12-chapter Minimum Security Criteria for C-TPAT program, adding three new chapters on security vision and responsibility, cybersecurity and agricultural security, and strengthening specific requirements in other chapters, this training will cover 12 below scopes:
- Security vision and responsibility
- Risk assessment
- Business partner security
- Conveyance and instruments of international traffic security
- Seal security
- Procedural security
- Agriculture Security
- Physical security
- Physical access controls
- Personal security
- Education, training and awareness
WHY BUREAU VERITAS?
- Accredited: As an approved firm for the Security audit CTPAT, BV has a team which have undergone standardized training to conduct the highest quality and service. Our experience in security areas allows us to offer you a program of proven procedures that will save you time and money.
- Resources around the world: Our international network covers 1,400 locations in more than 140 countries, enabling us to verify the production sites of your suppliers directly on-site in most sourcing countries. In addition, we can carry out verifications quickly, with a fast turnaround of queries/accurate reports.
- Integrity and ethics: Renowned for our core values “Integrity and Ethics” and “Impartiality and Independence” we have ZERO TOLERANCE against deviation from the Code of Ethics. In line with this reputation, we operate an active, dynamic training and integrity program. The aim is to minimize the risk of corruption, as well as to provide verifiers, factories and customers with our guidelines and requirements with regard to integrity.