When a buyer purchases new furniture for their home, they prioritise aesthetic appeal while still demanding a high level of functionality. In objects such as tables, seats, beds, chests/drawers/casegoods, and shelves, safety, durability, and structural stability are all critical.
If it is intended to hold people, furniture must be able to withstand repeated hard use while yet being comfortable. A bed, for example, that is used by individuals for up to 12 hours a day - every day - must perform consistently as a secure and enjoyable sleeping facility.
The same stresses exist in the workplace, where a metal storage rack may constantly store heavy-duty tools or an office chair is used for 8 hours a day by multiple people.
OUR APPROACH TO FURNITURE TESTING
Bureau Veritas assists manufacturers and brands worldwide in staying current with industry standards and complex legislation. Our professionals frequently participate in subcommittees that keep our technical expertise up to date and supplement our significant experience.
Our support aims to:
• Decrease the risk of recalls and returns of non-compliant furniture products
• Enhance brand protection and reputation
• Increase customer satisfaction and confidence
Our furniture testing clients benefit from:
• Comprehensive test packages – Complete testing to applicable regulations, industry standards and internal methodology designed to provide you with analysis on all aspects of your product
• Industry-focused test packages – Based on industry requirements for specific types of product
• Customised tests and test packages – We design testing packages to focus on a particular component or area of concern with a product (this is a cost-effective way to verify a component change)
With a variety of testing packages and customised evaluations, Bureau Veritas can obtain samples directly from store shelves for retail audits and comparative testing.
Whether you have an existing furniture product on store shelves that hasn't been tested recently, or you're looking to approve a new design or modification, the experienced and knowledgeable staff at Bureau Veritas can find a cost-effective solution for you, ensuring a competitive advantage in the market.