Compliance & Management
Helping companies meet with Health, Safety & Environmental regulations
In today’s business environment, companies are under growing pressure to comply with Health, Safety and Environment regulations. Increasingly, they are looking for an integrated approach to these issues to keep their compliance costs low, avoid potential litigation and even to protect their corporate image.
What is HSE Compliance Management?
The main aim of HSE Compliance Management is to reduce a company’s risk of litigation. This is achieved by making sure the company complies with relevant regulations and by helping reduce the number of accidents occurring in the workplace. To facilitate the process for clients, Bureau Veritas constantly monitors changes to the law and carries out detailed assessments to check compliance. The best examples of good practice are noted, and used as benchmarks for other sites that need improvement in this domain
Bureau Veritas begins by setting up a dedicated team to serve the full needs of the client. The team devises a plan to keep the client fully updated on issues related to Health, Safety & Environment, and on its own performance. This involves physical presentations to the client, exchanges by intranet and e-mail updates. The delivery of our regulatory services relies on a combination of project management and local team expertise. Indeed, local experts are the only ones able to know the local regulatory requirements.
Key services of our approach are:
- Litigation support/Expert Witness;
- Compliance Audits - VeriPerf;
- Regulation Monitoring;
- Corporate Reporting;
- HSE Training;
- Introduction to and preparation for a Management System such as OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001;
- Mergers & Acquisitions/Due Diligence;
- Ensure company compliance with relevant regulations at all times;
- Reduce risk of litigation, to avoid costly legal proceedings;
- Optimize investment in compliance related issues;
- Allow best practices to be shared easily within a company;
- Improve corporate image by demonstrating commitment to Health, Safety & Environment issues.
WHY CHOOSE BUREAU VERITAS?
- Recognition - Founded in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a worldwide leader specialized in QHSE and social responsibility services. Certified to ISO 9001 for all of its activities throughout the world, Bureau Veritas took part in the creation of OHSAS 18001. The company actively participates within professional authorities for the development of international standards and regulations.
- Knowledge and Expertise - Technical knowledge and availability of our qualified local teams, able to provide packaged and targeted information, are strengths appreciated by our clients.
- Network - With a network of 1,600 offices and laboratories and over 80,000 employees in 140 countries, Bureau Veritas serves 400,000 customers in many different industries across the world.
- Personnalized service - Bureau Veritas adapts its services to your needs and helps you identify your legal HSE obligations.